Bubblz Super Secret, Super Delicious Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
We’re mad about sugar cookies at Locks Lash - that soft, buttery melt in your mouth kind of cookies! 🍪
In her spare time, our super amazing Master Trainer, Bubblz bakes cookies, with help from her very own little elf, Nevaeh. She’s been kind enough to share her Super Secret, Super Delicious Christmas Sugar Cookie recipe with you all.
These cookies make perfect little Christmas gifts for fam & friends; or just the perfect treat on Christmas day! 🎄
Here’s the super secret sugar cookie recipe, which makes around 36 cookies.
- 2 Cups Salted Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 6 Cups All Purpose Flour
If you would like to use royal icing or fondant, my little secret is buying the tub of Vanilla already made fondant/royal icing from Spotlight. Trust me, it’s delicious and saves you some extra time, especially if you have little ones helping with the decorations.
- Add the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl and cream them together with your electric mixer. You want to see the butter turn into a very pale yellow colour. Best tip is to use softened butter but it needs to also be cold, this will prevent your cookies from being dry.
- When the butter and sugar is fully mixed, add in your vanilla extract and eggs. Mix the cookie dough until light and fluffy.
- Add in your Baking Powder and mix.
- Mix in your 6 cups of flour 2 cups at time. Do not over mix the dough when adding in your dry ingredients. Mix it until the flour is just incorporated into the dough. The dough should be firm but not crumbly. If it does seem drier add a tiny bit of vanilla or milk and mix again.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. This is best for rolling it out and baking.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface.
- Choose your favourite cookie cutters and cut out your shapes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place your cut out cookies onto a lined baking tray and back for 10-12 minutes. They might look light in colour or under done, but trust me it’s perfect.
- Allow cookies to fully cool before decorating.
- It’s decorating time! Get creative and have FUN!
Lots of love from your Master Trainer & cookie lover,