We want to share a little tip with you … and even though it is little … it could literally change your business like nothing else.
Want to know what the best form of marketing that you can possibly do?
I know you’ve heard that a million times before … but just hear us out. We have a slightly different viewpoint on this.
One of the guiding principles to leading a happy life, is following the Golden Rule of ‘Try to treat others as you would want them to treat you.”
How lovely would it to be to be treated with respect, to be treated with loyalty, to be treated justly, to be treated kindly, for others to be considerate of your rights and feelings. When you are down you might like others to be compassionate. If you made a mistake you may want others to be forgiving, correct?
And above all you wouldn’t want people pretending these things, you would want them to be quite real in their attitudes and to be acting with integrity.
It requires no great stretch of imagination for one to recognise that if one was treated this way regularly by others around them, their life would exist on rather a pleasant level.
This concept can also be extended to your business too and your attitude towards customers.
THE SIMPLE QUESTION TO ASK
In an ideal world, how would you like to be treated as a customer?
Maybe they are as simple as;
- Remembering your name
- If you mention something like your kids birthday in an appointment, it would be nice to be asked in your next appointment how the birthday went.
- Going through a complete consultation before the appointment, to really find out exactly what you are needing and wanting in the appointment.
- Maybe asking what type of music you like to listen to and playing that in the appointment. (Spotify is great for this) ⬇️⬇️⬇️
- Asking what their favourite smell is, and ensuring you have that candle burning in their appointment.
- Offering a complementary drink or cookie or chocolate upon arrival. Doesn't matter who you are or how much money someone has, we all love free stuff. Maybe not to the point where we take everything from hotels like Ross in that Friends episode, but pretty close...
- Having comfortable blankets and bedding.
- In the bathroom having nice perfume they can use.
- Having tampons and pads, and maybe touch up makeup etc in your bathroom for your clients to use.
- Complementary lip masks, mascara wands, aftercare packs, sleep masks and those small things they may want to use.
- Recognising when the customer wants to communicate or not communicate during their appointment. Sometimes clients want some peace and quiet and not feel like they have to make conversation about the weather and how long you've been lashing for.
- Not having distracting or non-professional conversations around the clients. No client should hear you and you partner screaming on the phone or how blind drunk you got at your cousin Beccy's 30th.
- And overall treating them like a human that you care about. Pretty common sense right? 🤗
All of the above are inexpensive to implement and you can easily have a system to remember the little things about each customer (like adding it to their client notes).
Couple the above, with exceptional delivery of your product (in our case your lash sets), then you have now achieved the best form of marketing you could possibly need!
Your clients WILL communicate about you and the amazing experience they have each time to their friends. They WILL recommend you. They WILL see that you are trying to go above and beyond your competition. And they WILL be loyal to you.
Them talking to their friends about your business...