Okay, so the unthinkable and unpredictable happened this year.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON...BUT DIFFERENTLY.
Now, let’s look at how we are going to get the show back on the road.
For business, this means there are some changes we all need to be aware of. It also means there are some things that we need to do a little differently.
States and territories will move at different times based on local conditions. Going to the government website for your State will keep you on top of what you need to do - so you can be one step ahead of your obligations legally.
Here is a link to each State’s Beauty Industry Guidelines below:
NEW SOUTH WALES
GENERAL GUIDELINES & CHANGES
* Exclude staff and customers who are unwell from your business.
* Provide staff with information for cleaning, social distancing and current guidelines regarding COVID-19
* Display conditions of entry into your premises on your website, social media and salon entry.
* Any surfaces customers touch should be cleaned with a detergent or disinfectant solution or wipe between each customer. Towels and linen should be laundered between customers.
* Clean areas frequented by staff or customers at least daily with detergent or disinfectant. Clean frequently touched areas and surfaces several times per day.
Speaking of cleaning, this is probably a good thing to get into after such a big lull in business. There is nothing quite like walking into a fresh clean space.
According to Retail News Insider, 93% of customers who switched to a competitor due to unmet cleanliness expectations would give a retailer a second chance if that store made cleanliness a priority. In addition to having all your CO-VID 19 pre-requisites met, a little sparkle in your space does affect the bottom line.
Locks Lash have also put together an Infection Control Course to cover the basics of keeping you and your customers safe. This course is based on the Public and Wellbeing Act 2008, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations for COVID, the Australian State Government Regulations & Recommendations and also Safe Work Australia recommendations during COVID.
Lastly, this free downloadable checklist is to put some organise in your life!
Simply pop this into your cart and checkout and it will be emailed to your email address! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
With the sudden demand of beauty services again after a long break, we wish power to each of you and let’s take this year back by the reins.
Stay Safe, Stay Well.
Love the Locks Lash Fam xx