Lockdowns suck and with short notice (sometimes very short!) your main income can be cut & you might not have another way of making money.
Luckily it is not all doom & gloom, and we’ve gathered together some simple ways of keeping money flowing into your account, and hopefully, creating even more loyal customers!
Here is a couple ideas:
- First check out what govt assistance you are eligible for: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/getting-help-during-coronavirus-covid-19
- You might be eligible for more support based on your circumstance. You will need to check with your state government website.
- Dropshipping - why this is good is it requires no money from you straight away. You only pay for the stock when someone buys it. Basically you advertise a product (for example the SNB Long Lash Serum) on your socials and maybe message/call your customers about the products. They purchase from you at the full price ($89 for the serum example). When you have the money/order you then go onto the website where the product is from (eg SNB Australia or Locks Lash) and purchase it from there and put the customers shipping details and use the code ‘ dropship21 ‘. This will reduce the cost to you down to $49 and alert us not to put the invoice in the order. Then Locks Lash or SNB will ship the order to your customer and you just made $40 ($89 taken from customer minus the $49 you sold the serum for). Link to blog on dropshipping with more info? On Locks Lash's website this is valid for anything that starts with 'RRP' in the title. On SNB's website its valid for everything.
TIP: Think back to some conversations you have had with your clients recently, and note if anyone had mentioned wanting to grow their lashes, or wanting stronger/healthier lashes - contact those customers and recommend a serum.
- Your clients know it's hurting you being in lockdown. You might be surprised how much some of your clients would be willing to help you get through this temporary period if you give them a way for them to help you. A great way I have seen of this is businesses asking their customers to purchase gift cards from them during a lockdown. This means you get some cash into the business to keep the lights on and then when lockdown finishes they can use the gift voucher to purchase a service from their favourite beauty business.
TIP: You can also ask your loyal customers to purchase gift cards for their friends. People who they think would like the services you offer.
- People like hearing from you and are generally happy to help you. Post on socials what's happening with you with the lockdowns. You could ask them to share your business page on their socials or refer their friends to you or comment on your posts. While these don’t give you immediate financial help, it does benefit your business so you can potentially come out the other side in a better position.
- Presell services or packages of services. Eg; You could sell packages of a Classic or Volume lash sets with 2 refills package for a slightly discounted price. Then when the lockdown is lifted they can book in with that. Or something like "if you pre book for a lash appointment now you will be first on the list to get booked in for when it goes back." Or they can stock up on their lash cleanser and make sure they're squeaky clean by the time they come back for a full set.
(photo by @lashesbykategriffiths)
So we urge you… don’t switch off 🙏🏼 Be present on your social media and keep in touch with your customers. And, don’t be afraid to ask!
Start today, start now, start right as you finish reading this blog! If you have any questions about any ideas we have mentioned above please get in touch with us & we will guide you through it 💙
Love from your Locks Lash fam xo
Heres some more resources you can read through: